How I Got 6M Views on Pexels at Age 62 - 4 Secrets

 

How I Got 6M Views on Pexels at Age 62 - 4 Secrets



By Ganshyam Ramchandanni | Fotocafe Studios, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

 

My 6 Million Journey - In Numbers:

I never chased followers. I chased usefulness.

When I started uploading on Pexels, I was 58. Today at 62, my photos crossed 6 Million views.
- 882.9K views - Simple pea pod on cloth (291 downloads)
- 681.6K views - Open cast mine truck (4.7K downloads)
- 456.2K views - Linemen at sunset (5.3K downloads)
- 311.3K views - Buddha statue (1.2K downloads)
- 146.1K views - Paneer with naan (886 downloads)
- 139.6K views - Old man with cow at Charminar (213 downloads)

People from USA, Brazil, Vietnam, Mongolia - they don't know me. But they download my Hyderabad.

How? 4 Secrets:

Secret 1: My Advertising & Industrial Background is My Superpower

For 40 years in Banjara Hills, I shot for factories, cement plants, electrical boards, hotels, and ad agencies. That taught me what an art director actually searches for.

An amateur shoots a fish curry beautifully. An advertising photographer shoots it with space for text, with spoon, fork, onion on side, top view, with copy space - so a restaurant menu designer in Saudi can add price.

See my fish curry (11.1K views) - I kept black bowl, white rice corner, raw fish top. Designer can crop it. My Charminar photo is not just a monument - it has a man with green fodder, bullock cart - story for a travel company.

Tip: Before shooting, ask: "If I was in Germany making a brochure, would I download this?" If yes, shoot it.

This same eye helps me for future - I know what brands need in Video and Audio too. A 10-sec clip of a mine truck moving dusty road, or ambient sound of Charminar - these will sell for next 10 years.



Secret 2: Consistency Pays, Virality Doesn't

I don't upload 100 photos one day and sleep 3 months. I upload 3-5 good photos every week, for 4 years.

Pexels algorithm loves consistency. My early photos got 2.2K views (truck), then 7.5K (red car in an alignment shop). But because I stayed, Pexels started pushing my new uploads to top.

My 112,382 & growing everyday blog pageviews also came same way - not one viral post, but 300 posts.

At 62, I have time and patience. Young guys quit in 2 months. I stay.



Secret 3: Niche Stacking - I Don't Shoot Everything, I Stack 3 Niches

I stacked what Hyderabad gives me best:

1. Food Photography (My highest downloads): 146K paneer, 218K biryani set, 173K curry. Every restaurant in world needs Indian food shots.
2. Culture & Real India: Bullock cart (105.9K), Old man at Charminar (139.6K), Cow on street (36.2K). The world is tired of Taj Mahal & monuments, landscapes - they want real Hyderabad, cities, activities.
3. Industrial & Hard Work: Mine truck (681K), Electric linemen (456K), Pea farm (882K - my highest!). No one shoots these, but every company presentation needs them.

These 3 together make me unique. Ad + Food + Industry.



Secret 4: Age 62 is an Advantage, Not Excuse

People say "I'm too old for stock". I say stock needs mature eyes.

At 62, I have seen Hyderabad change from 1970 to 2026. I know the light at Charminar at 6am. I know how a farmer ties his cow. I know how a Hyderabadi thali should be placed. A 22-year-old can't stage that.

My age gives me empathy. When I shoot that old man with fodder, I respect him - I don't make him pose like a model. That emotion shows, and a blogger in Brazil feels it.

My message to you: If you are 50+, 60+, start now. Your life experience IS your portfolio.

What Next for Me?

6M is done. Next is 10M, with video and audio. And my blog fotocafestudios.blogspot.com now translates to Mongolian, Arabic, Portuguese - so a guy in Mongolia can read this blog in his language.

If you are starting stock photography today:
1. Shoot what you know best in your city
2. Leave copy space
3. Upload weekly for 1 year, no break
4. Use your age, don't hide it

Thank you, Pexels community, and thank you to 6 million strangers who trusted my eye.

Ganshyam Ramchandanni
Fotocafe Studios, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/@gunshe/| Blog: https://fotocafestudios.blogspot.com/

#StockPhotography #PexelsTips #PhotographyAt60 #AdvertisingPhotography #IndustrialPhotography #IndianPhotographer #HyderabadPhotography #FotocafeStudios #StockPhotoTips #PhotographySecrets #PexelsIndia #SeniorPhotographer

https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-3afd1eba/list/GYKKNNCMDZ23?ref_=aipsflist&tag=ganshampursho-20

📸 Fotocafe Studios is free & always will be
Documenting Hyderabad through visuals & sounds as an advertising & industrial photographer for 40 years, now preserving its fading games and streets before they vanish. If this story brought back a memory, consider supporting the archive.
☕ Buy me a chai or UPI: 9849191550@jupiteraxis
Even a few rupees or a chai helps me record one more disappearing sound of Hyderabad. 🙏 - Gansham

Comments