A Tribute to one of the Greatest Legends





Girish Mistry

(5-9-1960 to 22-5-2023)

I don’t know when we met first time, must be early 1990s. I had recently tasted success in the field of advertising & industrial photography in Hyderabad city & used to visit Expos in Bombay to update myself with the latest & also meet the Gurus in Photography field.

Yes, I did meet many, but none as friendly, frank & Mr Ready to share like Girish Mistry. He would ask a simple question like how do you take your flash meter reading & then open secret recipe book of how to take perfect reading every time & give you mind boggling hacks.

This would happen in every meeting. Without being his student people like me used to learn so much from him, so one can imagine the amount of learning his students were privileged.

He was the reason we organised workshops/Fotoxpos in Hyderabad in 1996 & 1997, for which me & my people will always be grateful as it shot us into limelight big time.

To me he was an Encyclopaedia of Photography business & much more.

Also irreplaceable…

 


 

fotocafe

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment: