My Start in advertising & industrial photography


Way back in the 1980's when I started advertising photography, I started with a Zenza Bronica 120 SLR camera bought in Singapore and started doing the rounds of ad agencies & industries. It was not so easy as I thought it would be. I was never used to failures as I was under my dad's shadow and doing good studio photography & wedding photography, but it was too comfortable a life and there was no creative challenge.

In those laid back Hyderabadi days everybody was almost lazy and my proactive behavior was looked upon as greediness. I slowly built up my portfolio and kept on meeting people in all kinds of industries, people from all walks of life and I used to challenge people, (because the trend at that time was to call photographers from Madras or Bombay and get photography done) that I too can do it. I used to say " If you like my work pay me or else don't" & I shall deliver better than the Bombay & Madras guys. It was a tall order. I used to fail many a times, but my percentage of success kept on increasing with every failure.

This earned me lots of respect & friends in the market. The biggest breakthrough came with the AP Tourism campaign in 1987 after which there was no looking back in my advertising & industrial photography career.

Of course there have been lots of ups and downs & loads of adventures and lots of stories in this journey, but that is for another day & another time.

fotocafe

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment: